The Ultimate Guide to Indian and Asian wedding Mehndi ceremony in London
The Indian and Asian wedding mehndi ceremony is a traditional Indian celebration that takes place the night before the wedding. It is a time for the bride to be pampered with henna designs, music, and dancing. Guests are also welcome to participate in the festivities, and there are many ways to keep them entertained.
In this blog, we’ll explore enchanting ideas to express your creativity and make your Mehndi ceremony a cherished experience, all within the comfort of your home.
Here are some decoration ideas for your Indian and Asian wedding mehndi ceremony.
- Use flowers to decorate the mehndi area. This is a classic way to add a touch of elegance to your event. You can use fresh flowers, dried flowers, or even flower petals.
- Hang lanterns or string lights to create a festive atmosphere. This is a great way to set the mood for your mehndi ceremony. You can choose lanterns or string lights in a variety of colors to match your wedding theme.
- Mesmerizing décor. Incorporate vibrant colors like yellow, orange, and pink into your home décor, signifying the spirit of celebration. Adorn the walls with beautiful tapestries, fairy lights, and traditional motifs for an authentic touch. Add ethnic elements like decorative umbrellas, floral Rangoli, and Diya’s (lamps) to create an enchanting atmosphere.
Set up a photo booth so guests can take pictures with their mehndi. This is a fun way for guests to capture their memories of the mehndi ceremony. You can provide props, frames, and backdrops for guests to use. Create a hashtag for the event and encourage guests to share their pictures on social media.
Serve traditional Indian snacks and drinks to guests. This is a great way to welcome your guests and show them your culture. Curate a mouthwatering menu featuring traditional Indian and Asian delicacies. Offer a variety of snacks such as samosas, chat stations or dosa counter, pakoras, and Gulab jamun etc.You can also serve traditional Indian drinks, such as chai, lassi, and Sharbat.
Games to entertain your guests at your Indian and Asian wedding mehndi ceremony:
- Mehndi charades: This is a fun game that is perfect for guests of all ages. One person acts out a word or phrase related to mehndi, and the other guests try to guess what it is.
- Henna tattoo relay race: This is a fun and competitive game that is perfect for groups of guests. Divide your guests into teams and have each team race to see who can finish drawing the most henna tattoos on their teammates.
- Mehndi scavenger hunt: This is a fun game that will get your guests up and moving. Hide clues around the mehndi area, and have your guests work together to find them. The first team to find all of the clues wins.
- Mehndi Pictionary: This is a classic game that is perfect for guests of all ages. One person draws a picture related to mehndi, and the other guests try to guess what it is.
- Entertainment: Organize musical performances, dance-offs, and a DJ to set the mood for an energetic celebration.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a little creativity, you can create a mehndi ceremony that is both beautiful and entertaining for your guests.
Here are some additional tips for planning your Indian and Asian wedding mehndi ceremony:
- Choose a date and time that works for your guests. You want to make sure that your guests can attend your mehndi ceremony.
- Send out invitations well in advance. This will give your guests plenty of time to RSVP and make travel arrangements.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Mehndi ceremonies can be expensive, so it is important to set a budget and stick to it.
- Hire a professional henna artist. This will ensure that your mehndi designs are beautiful and last for several days.
- Plan some activities to keep your guests entertained. This will help to keep your guests engaged and having fun.
With a little planning, you can throw a mehndi ceremony that your guests will never forget.