It takes meticulous planning to prepare for an impeccable Indian or Asian wedding in London. But it takes more effort to become a good host. Read the post below to know how you can take care of your guests and become the perfect host.
What’s a wedding without guests, right? A wedding, especially an Good Host for an Indian or Asian wedding in London, is more than just the union of two souls. It’s a grand celebration of love, togetherness and culture.
That’s why Asian families emphasize being a wonderful host and do everything in their capacity to make the wedding a memorable one for them. But for couples having an oriental wedding in London, being an exceptional host becomes a huge responsibility.
The most important reason here is that most guests might be from their native country. So, the hosting families must see to it that they feel comfortable and at home. But if you feel a little nervous about it, then Shenai Wedding is here to help you out.
In this post, we share some ways that will help you to become a graceful and thoughtful wedding host so that every time your guests mention your D-day, they do it with a smile.
TRAVEL PLANS AND ACCOMMODATIONS
The very first phase of guest-welcome at a wedding is taking care of travel and accommodation. While some guests would be travelling from abroad, some might be staying far across the venue.
In both cases, hosts must see to it that they plan the travelling part well. They should offer pick-up and drop-off services. Since the host can’t be omnipresent, they should ensure that someone properly escorts guests to their accommodations.
CLEAR COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION
A good wedding host must maintain clear communication and seamless coordination with everyone including guests, and vendors. This is extremely important as it ensures that everyone remains on the same page and that the event runs smoothly.
To make things smoother, wedding hosts can try the following things:
- Appoint a wedding coordinator or divide chores among trusted family members as it will help to keep things moving at every front.
- Maintain a fixed timeline for each event and share it with all involved parties, including family members for this will avoid confusion regarding event timings.
- Prepare and share a list of emergency contacts with your guests so that they can contact you during emergencies and resolve things before they go out of hand.
A sumptuous feast is one of the most notifying features of Indian and Asian weddings. As a good host, you must keep your guests satiated with delicious food. You should also consider dietary preferences and keep food items accordingly.
Make sure that your guests don’t run out of refreshing beverages. You can, however, consider the following things to offer a flawless food service to your guests:
- Choose a reputed, experienced caterer and one that holds expertise in Indian weddings and can offer a diverse menu to cater to different tastes and preferences.
- Include traditional Indian dishes as well as international options because you will have all sorts of guests.
- Do remember to offer both vegetarian and non-vegetarian choices.
- You must consider the dining experience for your guests, that is, whether you want buffet-style or plated service.
MAKE IT LIVELY WITH ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC
Indian weddings are famous for their vibrant, colourful, and dazzling festive atmosphere. It’s not just the wedding they celebrate. Rather, they enjoy the whole process and live it up with singing, dancing, games, gossip, and so much more.
So, for couples having their Indian weddings in London, try to create such an atmosphere and make it lively with entertainment and music. The right entertainment and music take your celebrations to a whole new level. Here are a few ways to keep your guests entertained:
- Go for a live band or hire traditional Indian musicians, or a DJ to let the music play throughout the event.
- If your Indian wedding doesn’t include a sangeet, then arrange for one and keep dance performances by either family members or professionals.
- Include some fun interactive elements like photo booths or games to keep guests entertained and engaged during downtime.
HOSPITALITY AND ENTHUSIASM
Hosting is all about hospitality and enthusiasm. So, besides ensuring comfortable accommodations, good dining, and great entertainment, you should be an enthusiastic host.
It’s your hospitality that will make them feel welcome. Greet them with a smile and a flower when you attend your guests for the first time. This will help spread a positive vibe and make the day more welcoming for your guests.
The wedding day is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and the hosts should do everything they can to ensure that their guests will never forget the day. But an inevitable fact is that no matter how hard you try, things can go south at times.
That’s why we have enlisted a couple of additional tips that will help you avoid last-minute hassles and keep you prepared for almost anything.
The success of any event, especially an Indian wedding in London, depends on meticulous planning and preparation. Some people invest months, if not years, in preparing and creating the perfect celebration. So, what can you do to maximize the comfort of your guests while keeping everything else steady? Here’s how
- Create a guest list and be thorough with it. While doing so, keep your venue capacity in mind. It would be embarrassing if your guests arrived, and you failed to accommodate them properly.
- Select the right venue. London offers a plethora of venues ranging from historic places to modern hotels. Choose a venue that will comfortably fit into your guest list.
- Your guests will need time to prepare too. So, send out invitations well in advance and mention all the details clearly including event schedules as it will enable your guests to plan everything well from their side.
- During the wedding, arrange for comfortable seating, especially for elderly guests. Be sure that there’s proper shading and ample availability of water for outdoor events.
Your guests will take out time from their busy schedules to attend your wedding. Some will even come from far-off places. As a good host, you must acknowledge their presence and express your gratitude.
- Prepare heartfelt speeches and toasts to show your love towards your guests and family members.
- The couples should thank their parents, family members, and guests for gracing the wedding with their presence and support.
Hosting an Asian or Indian wedding in London is an excellent opportunity for couples to make it an enriching experience for their guests. It’s an opportunity to blend tradition with modernity and create memories that will last a lifetime.
By following the tips given above, you can be a graceful host, ensuring that your Indian wedding in London is a remarkable celebration for both you and your guests.