Want to have a trending wedding in the vibrant city of London? Read this post where we discuss some of the top wedding trends that you can use in your Indian and Asian wedding in London.
Indian and Asian weddings are popular for their unique customs, traditions, and of course, the lavishness and grandeur of their wedding celebrations. But as the world is becoming more cosmopolitan, Indian and Asian couples are changing their take toward wedding décor.
Such couples are following and incorporating modern wedding trends into their weddings to create a unique and memorable experience for their guests. Embracing these trends allows them to add modern elements to their décor while also staying true to their cultural heritage.
A hard truth about weddings is that they contribute a lot towards waste generation. So, in an era where environmental sustainability is paramount, sustainable weddings are becoming more and more prominent.
That’s why, couples are becoming increasingly eco-conscious and are going for eco-friendly décor like recycled wedding décor materials and locally sourced flowers to reduce their environmental impact on their wedding day.
This not only reduces the carbon footprint but also sends a powerful message about responsible living. If you’re looking for some tips, then here are a couple of them for planning a sustainable Indian wedding in London:
- Serving locally sourced food at your wedding reception as it reduces the carbon footprint of your wedding and supports local businesses
- Offering reusable water bottles to guests instead of disposable plastic cups
- Encouraging guests to travel via public transportation or carpool instead of using personal vehicles
- Planting a tree or donating to an environmental charity in your guests’ names
Themed weddings are becoming quite the trend. From traditional royal decorations to more contemporary and unique themes like vintage style or rustic elegance, themed weddings are becoming more serious and creative with time.We are talking bold colours, statement pieces, and personalized items that can transform your wedding venue into an enchanting land. In case you want some tips to get started, then here are some good ones:
Bollywood theme: Introduce your guests to the glitter and glamour of Bollywood with a Bollywood-themed wedding décor.You can use bright colours, and sequins for creating a festive and fun atmosphere. You can even keep a Bollywood-styled photo booth to make it more interesting.
Royal theme: Go for that royal touch that richly displays your cultural heritage. Select affluent colours that offer a lavish look.Decorate with rich, opulent fabrics like velvet and silk to create a regal look. If your budget permits, then you can go for a horse-drawn carriage to your wedding ceremony.
Garden theme: If you’re getting married in the spring or summer, then a garden wedding theme would be lovely. You can have plenty of fresh flowers, and greenery for creating a truly mystical land. To add that extra zing, you can also add oriental lanterns for creating a romantic and elegant atmosphere. If the weather permits, you can even go for outdoor ceremonies.
Fusion Culture: Fusion weddings are on trend and the theme is becoming quite popular owing it its diversified and unique appeal.A mix-and-match décor would be perfect for this one. For example, you can mix rich Indian with elegant Western elements like soft-coloured linens.
Lately, there has been a rise in experiential elements to make weddings more enjoyable and outstanding for guests. As a result, experiential elements have become prominent wedding trends.
Couples are taking an interest in them as they impart exclusive wedding experiences to guests and make weddings truly unforgettable. But what are those experiential elements? Here are some interesting ones:
- Food trucks at wedding receptions serving different types of food from around the world instead of the same old buffet tables
- A live band or DJ playing special requests and the couple’s favourite music.
- Interactive activities for guests like a dance floor or a casino
- Unique dance themes like a masquerade ball or special costume parties like Gothic culture or retro dance get-ups
Intimate wedding celebrations became a necessity during the pandemic where the number of guests was restricted. But given the cost cuttings and ease of planning intimate weddings, these celebrations became a trend.
Nowadays, more and more couples are opting for more intimate weddings with their closest friends and family members only. For couples who are planning their Indian or Asian wedding in London, intimate celebrations present a brilliant chance to focus more on the quality of the experience and have a more personal celebration.
If you’re looking for some tips, then here are a few that will help you get started on having intimate celebrations:
- Keep the wedding venue small and cozy. Go for small, picturesque farmhouses, or hotel banquets.
- Restrict the number of guests and invite only your closest friends and family members.
- Make it unique by personalizing wedding invitations and add small favours for each guest.
The best thing about oriental weddings is that you have countless ways to become creative and make your wedding unique. Apart from the trends mentioned above, you can go for the following tips to have your own wedding trends:
- Go for digital integration like streaming your wedding ceremonies live for remote guests
- Customize attires for the bride and the groom side parties so that it looks distinctive yet attractive at the same time
- Go for sophisticate décor like Victorian designs that impart a classic elegance to your décor
Couples living in London get an excellent chance to plan their Indian and Asian weddings in London by incorporating the latest wedding trends in their wedding décor and celebrations.
Whether they opt for a thematic décor, or go for a sustainable celebration, or decide to include experiential wedding elements, the key is to infuse your Indian or Asian wedding with creativity, and a touch of elegance that will have a lasting impression on your guests.